Thursday, March 30, 2006

Running journal, Thursday, 2006-03-30

Running journal, Thursday, 2006-03-30
Resting heart rate: n/a (forgot)
Day: Thursday
Date: 2006-03-30
Weather: overcast
Temp: 15.56 C (60 F)
Time: 15:20-16:05
Terrain: flat
Comments: Slow walk. Humid air. Overcast. Usual cast of characters out in the woods. Some crows said hi as I passed. There is a calm brown and white pigeon that never attempts to flee that lives near the place where the fishers stand in the water. Second time I have seen it. Smell of humid plants and dirt as I walked through the woods was refreshing. A park ranger passed me in his truck and we exchanged waves, my sense of community for the walk. Four women joggers passed me, one with a baby stroller, talking. Noticed an installation of a portable toilet near the camp area just past the mile 21 marker. Something must be going on this weekend. The water control people were sampling the water with a containment truck today. As I re-crossed the bridge, a co-ed group of youths got a few honks from the truck as it drove away. They exclaimed "That guy just made my day" to me as they passed, and we shared a laugh. :) There is a guy with a white car and the bumper sticker "Dog is my co-pilot" that is down by the river every time I go down there. I see him sleeping in his car sometimes. Yesterday a rooster was standing outside his car door and when I returned it was still there, so he must have fed it. I am thinking he is living out of his car.
Time: 45 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 3.39 km (2.1 mi)
Total Distance For Year: 284.3 km (173.7 mi) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=93043
Weight (after run): 78.2 kg (172.43 lbs)
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: Felt minor tension behind my right knee
Foods eaten today: frosted mini-wheats and soy milk, Clif Bar, Irish Breakfast tea

No comments:

Blog Archive