Wednesday, March 01, 2006

NYC Marathon Registration Roadblock

NYC marathon sign-up day is today, Mar 1, starting at noon. It has been on my calendar since January. So first thing I do today is log-on and start the process. I get all the way through sign-up to the payment section and discover the requirement that the expiration date on my payment card must be 07/06 or later. Unfortunately, both my cards expire on 03/ and 04/06. x_x And since the card companies automatically send out replacements 10 days before the expiration date (I called), and charge a fee to do it otherwise, I seem stuck without a way of paying on-line until April. :P Investigating mail-in payment alternative.

Update: Might not matter when I sign-up initially since it is a lottery application. Called the New York Road Runners office, and a representative said that the printable form will not be up for a few weeks. Ok, I give up. I'll try again when I get my new card in April.

No comments:

Blog Archive