Sunday, March 19, 2006

Healing and Revised Marathon Schedule

Thinking about light walking on Monday. I am hoping I will feel strong enough to run by this time next Sunday.

Galloway states training interruptions of less than 14 days mean a return to normal mileage in two to three weeks.

I think this week my foot will be strong enough to run. So that means about 10 days not running. So:

Sat, Mar 25: 8 miles
Sat, Apr 1: 17 miles
Sat, Apr 8: 10 miles
Sat, Apr 15: 20 miles
Sat, Apr 22: 5K race
Sat, Apr 29: 9 miles
Sat, May 6: 23 miles
Sat, May 13: 5K race
Sat, May 20: 10 miles
Sat, May 27: 26 miles
Sat, Jun 3: 5K race
Sat, Jun 10: 10 miles
Sat, Jun 17: Grandma's Marathon

This seems reasonable. Am feeling concerned about that 17 mile run on Apr 1, because that represents an endurance extender for me, a to-date longest run. Extra walk breaks, proper hydration and fueling, and taking it real slow will help mitigate problems.

Will continue to think about the risk/distance ratio this week as I monitor my foot. Running eight miles this Saturday might be too aggressive, and if so, I will have to make up the distance later. I am feeling pretty optimistic based on how my foot feels this evening that I will be running by Saturday though.

No comments:

Blog Archive