Sunday, March 12, 2006

Running journal, Sunday, 2006-03-12

Running journal, Sunday, 2006-03-12
Resting heart rate: 53 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Sunday
Date: 2006-03-12
Weather: overcast, rainy, 2 m/s wind
Temp: 8.89 C (48 F)
Time: 09:15-10:15
Terrain: flat
Comments: Walking day. Took a friend's dog named Grrr out for a walk today, so altered my sleep schedule a bit to be there by 09:00. This might account for the second-lowest heart-rate ever. Colder than usual this morning. Grrr jumped into my car, and off we went. He was not interested in Trader Joe's Buddy Biscuits on the way there, most likely too excited. He eventually came up to the front seat with me, half of his body in the back seat and the other half in the front-passenger seat. I hooked him up on a leash, grabbed my umbrella and pedometr, and off we went. Grrr was excited by the smells, sights, sounds. Normally he stays in the backyard of my friend's home. I kept the pace slow, letting Grrr check out various items of interest on the trail. When bikers passed I reined him in. One was kind enough to thank me for the courtesy. The rain began about 20-minutes out. Grrr never barked once. On the way back, we left the trail and entered an open field between the access road and the property line wall, and I let him off the leash. He bounded everywhere, free at last. He would run up to me, and show me he wanted to play. :) I would dash with him a few yards, then stop and let him keep going. When we returned to the trail, I re-attached the leash, and off we went. He seemed nervous as we re-crossed the pedestrian bridge, I think because of the slick surface of the boards. On the return trip, he curled up into a ball in my front passenger-seat, by the heaters. :) Grrr is a collie, I forget the specific name, so he has herding instincts. When I left him with my friend, his tail was wagging, he was very happy. Hopefully next time the weather is nicer.
Time: 45 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 3.31 km (2.05 mi) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=63290
Total Distance For Year: 248.2 km (152.0 mi)
Weight (after run): n/a (forgot)
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: None
Foods eaten today: Maple Nut Cluster cereal, soy milk, Mexicali Quiche, broccoli and white cheddar cheese soup, mushroom, spinach, and roasted garlic calzone, goat-cheese pizza, sparkling apple juice

No comments:

Blog Archive