Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Running journal, Tuesday, 2006-03-07

Running journal, Tuesday, 2006-03-07
Resting heart rate: 53 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Tuesday
Date: 2006-03-07
Weather: Partly sunny, 2 m/s wind
Temp: 15.56 C (60 F)
Time: 14:50-15:30
Terrain: flat
Comments: Walking day. Forgot to mention yesterday three new graffiti marks on the pedestrian bridge, all in the same color and style: "Rob A.K.A. Speedy," "I *heart* Brittany," and "Spazz." While on the bluff over looking the pedestrian bridge a few weeks ago, I noticed someone had managed to somehow place graffiti using white tape on the top metal beam that says, "I Love (someone's name) *heart and arrow*." No idea how they did that. There is also miscellaneous graffiti on other bits of the bridge. One that appears a bit around mile 19.5 is "sine." I guess it makes sense to the person who writes it. Took my binoculars and camera out today. As I crossed the pedestrian bridge, I noticed a bunch of kids at the fence at the end of Bridge Street looking down the embankment at their friends who had somehow gotten underneath the bridge. Apparently they were having a tough time climbing out. :P The boys did not have any shirts on, and I wondered if they had been jumping off the bridge. My housemate shared that when he was a child, he and his friends would jump off the bridge. :o Seems a bit risky to me. There were also some motorcyclists parked in the place where I turn around. :P At the other side of the bridge, I noticed a car stop and play its dance music loudly for 30 seconds or so with the doors open. So what is with the people behavior today? :) I am a bit nervous that this is the predictor for summer as more and more people begin coming to the river to relax and enjoy the scenery. The weather was a bit cool, slightly windy, and mostly cloudy, with steel gray and white clouds illuminated by the sun making some spectacular patterns. I could see thick streams of rain falling to the east. Saw a number of jackrabbits today, as well as the hawk I saw a few days ago. :) The bees were still industrious. As I exited the woods, a woman jogger with red shorts, a blue top and an iPod passed me huffing and puffing. I smiled and said hello, and she gasped, "Hi," between gulps of air. Noticing more and more the sounds of the birds as I go along. I can identify the hummingbird, and the scrub jay, and of course the ducks and crow. The other little birds I am not sophisticated enough to pick out. I noticed that the common mergansers are not out in large groups around the pedestrian bridge like they were in early February. I also noticed a birdhouse along the trail near where the fly-fishers cast their lines. Felt a bit tired today, most likely because of staying up until 04:00 this morning.
Time: 40 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 3.33 km (2.06 mi) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=53506
Total Distance For Year: 213.3 km (132.3 mi)
Weight (after run): 80.0 kg (176.4 lbs), 20% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: Legs a bit stiff, but nothing major
Foods eaten today: toaster waffles and real maple syrup, cinnamon-raisin bagel, soy milk, Oriental flavor Ramen noodles with soycatash, chips & "Desert Pepper Trading Company "Corn, Black Bean, and Roasted Red Pepper Salsa"

1 comment:

iokevins said...

I appreciate the encouragement spindrift. Let me know if and when you start your own blog. :)

Blog Archive