Monday, March 13, 2006

Running journal, Monday, 2006-03-13

Running journal, Monday, 2006-03-13
Resting heart rate: 68 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Monday
Date: 2006-03-13
Weather: partly sunny, 5 m/s wind
Temp: 15.56 C (60 F)
Time: 17:00-17:45
Terrain: flat, some mild hills
Comments: Running day. Noticed my heart-rate is high today. Perhaps my heart was pumping fast due to the rich food from yesterday. Vivid dreams too right before I woke up but I do not remember what. Walking to the pedestrian bridge today, I greeted a man who had parked behind me, and he said as he exited his car, "Hey, where's your sweatshirt?" :) I told him it was over 60 so I wore my singlet. :) He caught up to me and shared he was an early-retiree, age 45, ex-plumber, waiting for a knee operation he might not get until he was 60, due to insurance. He said the pain was like having a toothache in your knee. He wanted to check the murkiness of the water, I guess for fishing purposes. When we reached the bridge, he confessed he had done a gainer off the bridge when he was a child, but now "he had better never catch his kids doing that." Funny. :) I sensed he felt lonely and wanted some community interaction. I enjoyed our talk, he seemed like a nice guy. He stopped to check the water and we parted. The run today was pleasant, but I felt bored. The mid-week runs at American River Parkway offer little in terms of new sights and sounds. I did not eat or drink anything besides the Powerbar before today's run, which most likely affected my mental state. I ran with a gliding motion on the way back, and it did feel efficient. About 11 min/mile today, ran the way out in 22, and the way back in about 20. Mostly downhill on the way back, which helped. Ran late in the day today because I spent the first bit running errands (no pun intended). Sun set at 18:11 today, which offers more time for daylight running. Minor foot surgery tomorrow. Nervous about how it will affect my training schedule. The doctor said two to three weeks. x_x One thing I can do is cross-train. That means money, unless a public pool exists near here.
Time: 45 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 6.18 km (3.83 mi) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=63249
Total Distance For Year: 254.4 km (155.8 mi)
Weight (after run): 78.2 kg (172.43 lbs), 20% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: Going downhill on the return, I felt a mild ache in my left knee. On the way out, I felt a sore muscle on the side of my right hip, near the upper leg.
Foods eaten today: Peanut-Butter Powerbar, penne pasta, bread with olive oil and balsemic vinegar, olives, soy milk, frozen blueberries in soy milk

No comments:

Blog Archive