Thursday, March 02, 2006

Running journal, Thursday, 2006-03-02

Running journal, Thursday, 2006-03-02
Resting heart rate: 65 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Thursday
Date: 2006-03-02
Weather: Mostly cloudy
Temp: 18.89 C (66 F)
Time: 13:25-15:30
Terrain: flat
Comments: Took the binoculars and camera out on my walk today. Spent way more time than I planned to. :) Saw Acorn Woodpeckers, Killdeer, Yellow-Rumped Warblers, Northern Flicker, red-shafted, Black Phoebe, American Robins, hummingbirds, a jackrabbit. Walked right up under a hawk sitting on the top of a tree and got a clear view of it. It had light-brown feathers, with two grey feathers in it's tail. We both watched a teenage boy ride by on his bike and check his voice-mail. I watched with the binoculars as the hawk called twice more, then flew away. No idea what type of hawk it was (see picture below). I also have identified the bees from early February (see picture below). :) They are honeybees. I sort of feel like a naturalist Veronica Mars with these mysteries I enjoy solving. I dreamed of running a marathon for the third time last night. Same thing as the second dream -- I had to complete tasks before I could start the race, and I was in last place again. With the binoculars, I could see the birds and the squirrels eating the seeds of various trees.
Time: 125 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 3.56 km (2.2 mi) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=46418
Total Distance For Year: 174.1 km (107.9 mi)
Weight (after run): 80 kg (176.4 lbs), 19% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: Stupid muscles behind my knees keep getting a bit sore, like I am not warming them up properly. :P
Foods eaten today: roasted garlic and vegetable pizza (405 cal), cinnamon-raisin rolls (300 cal), southwestern-salad (110 cal)




Update, 2006-03-04: How coincidentally funny -- the birds and the bees. :) Glad I'm on top of my subconscious blogging. ;)

1 comment:

iokevins said...

Hi Alicia, hope all is well with you and yours today. :)

Thank you for sharing the beginning bird watching link. I enjoy identifying the wildlife around me. :)

Starry greetings,



Kevin

Blog Archive