Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Running journal, Wednesday, 2006-05-24

Running journal, Wednesday, 2006-05-24
Resting heart rate: 70 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Wednesday
Date: 2006-05-24
Weather: Mostly sunny, 2 m/s wind
Temp: 25 C (77 F)
Time: 11:23-13:41
Terrain: flat
Comments: Ran past the 14-mile marker and heard the Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin'" from his 1964 album of the same name on Columbia Records. Before I got to the 14-mile marker, along the fence, I stopped and said hello to two black-tailed deer sitting in the shade, three feet away. They seemed caught between fight and flight, and we watched each other, then I went on my way. Approaching the 15-mile marker, I noticed two squirrels sitting on top of the posts. A woman was digging with a shovel near the bridge in that same area. As I approached the mile 14-marker, a female biker exclaimed to her male companion, "You know what's funny about GPS -- I don't care." I hear lots of bits of conversations like this. As I returned, I greeted a runner who cheerfully said, "Hey guy." I haven't heard that greeting before. At the end I walked to dip my legs in the cold water of the American River, and watched two crows chase a hawk away from their territory. They dived at it in succession, and it finally left.
Time: 138 minutes (2:18)
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 16.13 km (10 mi)
Total Distance For Year: 599.8 km (358.5 mi)
Weight (after run): 27.0 kg (169.79 lbs), 18% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: left big toe hurts a bit
Foods eaten today:

No comments:

Blog Archive