Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Running journal, Wednesday, 2006-05-10

Running journal, Wednesday, 2006-05-10
Resting heart rate: 55 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Wednesday
Date: 2006-05-10
Weather: Sunny, 1 m/s wind
Temp: 22.2 C (72 F)
Time: 10:43-11:30
Terrain: flat, mild hills
Comments: I think the heat is causing me to sleep less comfortably at night. I woke up today not feeling rested, and I find it harder to fall asleep. As soon as I started my run, a woman passed me running in a sprint. I greeted her but she did not respond. I enjoyed watching her run so fast. As I left the first copse of trees, I saw her walking. I passed her about a quarter-mile later, but when I stopped to douse my head with water, she started jogging. I lost sight of her after that. My left foot felt sore today from the visit to the foot doctor, so I went out slow, around 5.5-mph. There is an elderly asian man I pass frequently about 1.5 miles in. He wears gloves and stops at a picnic table and seems to do exercises. On the return a female wild turkey surprised me mildly by moving in the brush to my left. It watched me pass, leisurely moving away from me. The temperature felt hot, especially on the asphalt away from the river. There is this weird ghost runner effect that I hear when I run lately, a shoof-shoof noise that sounds like someone is running along with me, but when I turn no one is around. It's the reflection of the sound off the foliage and the hills to the sides of the trails, and I find it a bit confusing. I thought about slipping into the American River today, but my left foot isn't completely healed, and I thought it safest if I let it heal before submerging it in river water. As I returned to my car, I noticed a Volunteers in Partnership with the Sheriff (VIPS) van, and a sheriff's SUV. The sheriff's department official was interviewing two men about their car, from what I could tell, and it looked like they were not happy. Something about not registered. So apparently the police occassionally do spot checks on vehicles parked on Bridge Street? I felt a bit nervous that there was some law I did not know about that required me to have parking registration, but I had no ticket on my car, so I left.
Time: 47 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 6.5 km (4.05 mi) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=175181
Total Distance For Year: 535.4 km (319.8 mi)
Weight (after run): 77.8, 17% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: Left big toe hurt about 30 minutes in. left foot
Foods eaten today: apple-cinnamon cereal, soy milk

No comments:

Blog Archive