Thursday, May 04, 2006

Running journal, Thursday, 2006-05-04

Running journal, Thursday, 2006-05-04
Resting heart rate: 55 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Thursday
Date: 2006-05-04
Weather: Partly sunny, 6 m/s wind
Temp: 18.89 C (66 F)
Time: 08:52-09:47
Terrain: flat, mild hills
Comments: Mostly overcast skies, cool temperatures and moderate winds seemed to keep people away from the parkway today. I am grateful I wore an outer sweatshirt. I found a scratched-up and discarded CD of Peter Tosh's 2003 album, "Best of Peter Tosh 1978-1987," on the Capitol label. Near that find, I saw a pure-white bird, it looked like a pigeon, which sat on the opposite side of the road and watched me pass. I noticed that the feeding bowl for cats is back on a trail near the river. I rested on a picnic table and watched a trio of Acorn Woodpeckers explore the wood of a dead tree. As I passed the parking lot near the sandbar, a park employee was on garbage detail. I have felt an occassional pain in my lower-left back this week which I think might be the sciatic nerve. I used to feel it in Taekwondo, occassionally. A warning sign to take it easy this Saturday on my 23-mile run. My body seems to be back to normal. My left ankle no longer hurts, my left knee doesn't hurt. One thing I forgot to mention on Monday is that I need to find a back-up spot where I can read when I want to, since the end of the trail on the bluffs seems to be quite a popular spot. With a blanket, I can lay down anywhere, really. I would like a place that's semi-private, easily accessible, and with a view of the river. I have considered crossing over to the other side of the fence and sitting there, but that risks getting caught. Another possibility is sitting north of the trail, in the grass under a tree, but then I lose sight of the river. A third possibility is crossing to the south side of the bridge and sitting on the shore, but that is no longer easily accessible. The spot on the bluffs is perfect because it meets those three criteria.
Time: 55 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 3.55 km (2.20 mi) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=163218
Total Distance For Year: 480.2 km (285.4 mi)
Weight (after run): 78.6, 18% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: None
Foods eaten today: Maple pecan cereal, soy milk, banana

No comments:

Blog Archive