Monday, May 22, 2006

Running journal, Monday, 2006-05-22

Running journal, Monday, 2006-05-22
Resting heart rate: 81 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Monday
Date: 2006-05-22
Weather: Mostly sunny, 2 m/s wind
Temp: 25 C (77 F)
Time: 15:01-16:01
Terrain: flat
Comments: Feeling lots of guilt because I want to do well in the marathon, but this is the first time I ran since last Thursday. My big toe was hurting on Saturday, so I postponed the run, thinking I would do it on Sunday. Went for a walk instead, thinking I would run on Monday. Then I almost missed my run today because of a meeting this evening at 18:30. So instead of a 16 km long run today I got a 7.25 km run in, that's all the time I had after emerging from a project I was polishing. My toe has still not fully healed. It hurts a little bit this evening but not so much as last week. Ran fast this afternoon since I knew I only was running 7 km and it felt energizing. I ended alert and upbeat. As I recrossed the bridge I saw a woman and a man kissing and holding each other close. Awwww. A boy and his father on bikes passed me and the boy asked me, "Have you seen caterpillars today?" I replied in the affirmative, and asked if he had, and he said, "Yeah" enthusiastically. And I did, the red and black caterpillars I saw last week are numerous today. I saw about five. Felt irritated when I heard a man riding a ultra-mini scooter around the parking lot at the mile-18 marker. I heard it loudly from a half-mile away. I appreciate the silence and the communion with nature, not the noise of his engine.
Time: 60 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 7.25 km (4.5 mi)
Total Distance For Year: 583.7 km (348.5 mi)
Weight (after run): unknown (forgot)
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: left big toe hurts a bit, otherwise injury-free
Foods eaten today: Powerbar, pizzas, grape juice, bagel, bananas (2)

No comments:

Blog Archive