Tuesday, May 30, 2006

KYDS Songs

Songs I have enjoyed within the last few days:
Seattle-based Foo Fighters' "Everlong," from their 1997 album "The Colour and the Shape," on the RCA label.

Athena, Georgia-based REM's "Nightswimming," from their 1992 album, "Automatic for the People," on the Warner Brothers label.

Brooklyn-based They Might Be Giants' "No!" from their 2002 album "No!: Songs for Children," on the Rounder label.

Omaha-based Bright Eyes' "Landlocked Blues," from his 2005 album, "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning," on the Saddle Creek label. He also sings the song, "When the President Talks to God."

Chicago-based Fall Out Boy's "Champagne For My Real Friends, Real Pain For My Sham Friends" from their 2005 album, "From Under the Cork Tree" on the Island label.

Vancouver, BC-based singer Chad Kroeger's "Hero," from the 2002 soundtrack, "Spider-Man: Music From And Inspired By" on the Sony label. I liked the lyrics, "And they say that a hero can save us. I'm not gonna stand here and wait."

No comments:

Blog Archive