Monday, April 10, 2006

Running journal, Monday, 2006-04-10


Running journal, Monday, 2006-04-10
Resting heart rate: 56 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Monday
Date: 2006-04-10
Weather: overcast
Temp: 17.78 C (64 F)
Time: 43 minutes
Terrain: flat
Comments: Wore my GPS system for the first time today. I found myself looking at my watch continually to identify my speed. Ended up running faster than I might have otherwise, averaging around 5.5 mph, although I went as high as 8.3 mph at one point. 5.5 mph is a 4.76 hour marathon pace, but I doubt I can maintain that pace for that long. Someone has scrawled a '4' in front of the pavement 20 mile-marker, so it reads, "420." Wore my Superman colors again, saturated red and blue. Decided I would like to wear a Superman t-shirt during the first marathon. :) Someone broke a bottle on the pedestrian bridge and left the gloss there. How rude. I saw two park trucks on garbage detail. Ran past one family's big dog not on a leash; felt a bit nervous. The river water is still ridiculously high. Running faster felt good though. When I sprinted at the end, my left leg felt stiff, so I did not extend my stride too far. The clouds on the far eastern horizon were blackish-blue and downpouring. The man who parks his white car with the "Dog is my co-pilot" bumper sticker on Bridge Street was leaving when I arrived, but he had returned when I finished my run. Not sure why he spends so much time there, or whether he lives there in his car. Saw a Rancho Cordova Parking Enforcement car leaving the parking lot area. Passed one man sitting by himself on a picnic table at the mile-19 wayside park, and passed him again on the return. The water fountain drain at mile 18 is clogged, and the basin fills with water. The handle of the fountain at mile 19.5 sticks, so it continues to run sometimes after the person using it leaves. Saw some acorn woodpeckers swoop down to the dirt shoulder today around the mile 19 marker.
Time: 13:13 - 13:56
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 6.45 km (4.0 mi) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=113253
Total Distance For Year: 354.1 km (207.6 mi)
Weight (after run): 77.4 kg (170.67 lbs),18% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: left leg a bit stiff, a bit of an irritation on the top of my left foot.
Foods eaten today: Apple-cinnamon Peace cereal, soy milk

No comments:

Blog Archive