Friday, April 28, 2006

Running journal, Friday, 2006-04-28

Running journal, Friday, 2006-04-28
Resting heart rate: 49 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Friday
Date: 2006-04-28
Weather: Sunny, 2 m/s wind
Temp: 26.67 C (80 F)
Time: 10:15-12:15
Terrain: flat
Comments: Sat in the same spot as Thursday. Brought my car blanket today and sat on that, which stopped the dirt from getting on my clothing and reading material. Weather a bit windier, but just as idyllic as Thursday. I saw a park ranger truck drive by with an industrial blower-trailer, which they must use to ensure the trails remain clean of debris. I noticed a girl sitting on the pedestrian bridge for an extended period of time so I whistled at her, but she was too far away. A fisherman arrived directly across the American River on a small beach, and cast his line an incredible distance, then sat and waited for a bite. Two park employees in a truck arrived behind me, which surprised me since I'm up on the bluff and there is no access road, just the backs of houses. They picked up the trash, then left. A deer made a racket as it tramped through the high grass behind me, and I turned around and said, "Hi buddy." It's ears pricked up, then it bounded away, in a hopping fashion. I saw a horse and it's owner trash some cans and bottles at the boat dock, then walk to the west on the horse trail. A woman showed up with her black labrador right before I left. She found a beach to the east of the fisherman, and began playing fetch with the black lab in the water. It seemed like a lot of fun. As more and more people arrive at the pedestrian bridge as spring recedes, I notice more and more fast food trash in the ditch, which I do not enjoy. Pick up after yourselves, park people.
Time: 120 minutes (2 hours)
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: negligible
Total Distance For Year: 439.3 km (260.1 mi)
Weight (after run):
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: Knees feel a bit stiff
Foods eaten today: maple nut pecan cereal, soy milk, vegetable lasagna, fig newtons, grapefruit juice

No comments:

Blog Archive