Thursday, April 27, 2006

Running journal, Thursday, 2006-04-27

Running journal, Thursday, 2006-04-27
Resting heart rate: 53 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Thursday
Date: 2006-04-27
Weather: Sunny, calm
Temp: 26.67 C (80 F)
Time: 10:15-11:45
Terrain: flat
Comments: Sat along the rim of the American River bluffs and read. It was perfect. Sunny sky, birds singing, minty-green river with sun glistening off the waves, a cozy spot to sit and relax, a mild breeze to keep things cool. The view is priceless, overlooking the river far below. Saw a man lay out a line of feed in a line for the ducks. The water is much lower, and the sand bar has reappeared farther upstream. At home today I had the pleasure of walking through (allergy-free) a cloud of floating fluff. I think perhaps the gardener stirred everything up before I left with their leaf blower. At the end of my reading, I heard a man begin yelling angry obscenities from somewhere to the west, on the opposite side of the river. This continued for a couple minutes, then stopped. A bit later, I saw a man in a yellow sweatshirt appear on the trail on the opposite side of the river and begin yelling obscenities at the home builders on the bluffs on my side of the river. Freak. Before I left, I watched several people in canoes pass below me, enjoying themselves. Next time I will pack my blanket to keep the red dirt off me. My Sacramento Steelheads air cushion felt nice for a pillow.
Time: 90 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: negligible
Total Distance For Year: 439.3 km (260.1 mi)
Weight (after run):
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: None
Foods eaten today: oatmeal with brown sugar, soy milk, and raisins, mint chocolate chip ice cream,

No comments:

Blog Archive