Monday, April 24, 2006

Running journal, Monday, 2006-04-24

Running journal, Monday, 2006-04-24
Resting heart rate: 55 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Monday
Date: 2006-04-24
Weather: overcast, 10 km/h wind
Temp: 15 C (59 F)
Time: 14:57-15:47
Terrain: Flat
Comments: Pleasantly cool recovery running day. Noticed blue flowers with bell-like petals, and the orange poppies have changed to yellow as they mature. River is several feet lower than a week ago. I ran all the way to the water fountain at the Nimbus Dam today, got a drink, and then ran back on Nimbus Road. I noticed at the entrance to Nimbus Road a closed yellow gate. There must be a road there, which ends somewhere near the Nimbus Road parking lot. I'll check it out on a future run. No faint feelings today, which I appreciated. I ran a bit faster than normal, about a 5.0-5.5-mph pace for the first 15-20 minutes, then a 5.5-6.0-mph pace for the remainder of the run. I noticed for the first time today that I am beginning to really enjoy running on the trail instead of the pavement, even in the places where I was not so foot-sure earlier this year. I stay off the purely rocky portions of the shoulder, but the semi-rocky portions I don't mind anymore. I noticed that my left leg seems a bit less developed than my right leg, since it feels less flexible. Wore all red today again, on cold days it brightens things up and I feel a bit warmer. ;)
Time: 50 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 8.42 km (5.22 mi) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=143890
Total Distance For Year: 430.6 km (254.7 mi)
Weight (after run): 77.4 kg (170.67 lbs), 18% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: sore left foot sole, I think because of the plantar virus
Foods eaten today: cinnamon-raisin bagel, vegetable juice

No comments:

Blog Archive