Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Running journal, Wednesday, 2006-04-05

Running journal, Wednesday, 2006-04-05
Resting heart rate: 65 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Wednesday
Date: 2006-04-05
Weather: overcast, some very light rain, 4 m/s wind
Temp: 14.44 C (58 F)
Time: 18:00 - 18:40
Terrain: flat
Comments: Ran to the west today, then back north across the western pedestrian bridge. The water was about a foot below the span of the bridge, and it had overflowed the path on the northern side. I ran along the rocky access rode to the north of the river, which stinks, because the rocks hurt the muscles and joints more than the flat asphalt or dirt trail. Saw a cat, and I thought it was a bobcat, which didn't seem to bother me much. The area to the north of the river is empty, save for one person taking pictures and another walking their dog. On the way out I passed a man playing Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" on his car stereo while he laced up his inline skates. On the way back across the bridge I heard a pair of people playing hand drums and harmonica on top of the bluffs. I was tempted to walk up there, but decided I'd rather get home and be warm. On the way up the southern embankment of the pedestrian bridge, I walked very close to a wild turkey for several meters. On the way back on the rocky trail I passed the cat again, and it watched me as I passed with a tense stare, ready to bolt.
Time: 40 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 6.29 km (3.9 mi) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=104292
Total Distance For Year: 331.5 km (193.6 mi)
Weight (after run): 77.6 kg (171.1 lbs), 19% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: left foot the muscle on the top felt sore when I finished, probably from running on the stones.
Foods eaten today: cheese pizza, soy milk, banana

No comments:

Blog Archive