Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Running journal, Wednesday, 2006-04-19

Running journal, Wednesday, 2006-04-19
Resting heart rate: 57 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Wednesday
Date: 2006-04-19
Weather: sunny
Temp: 21 C (69.8 F), 12 km/h wind
Time: 14:38 - 15:35
Terrain: Flat
Comments: Recovery run today. Did not sleep well last night and felt exhausted as I drove to the American River Parkway. Relaxed as I went, and the five-minute warm-up walk I took helped me relax even more. I noticed cars parked on Bridge Street all the way up both sides, and some on the upper right side (facing south) did not park abreast of the ditch, so they effectively reduced the street to one-lane for about five or six car-lengths. Saw a young man toss some small bit of garbage into the ditch, and felt irritation, since the garbage can was right across the road. He was with two of his friends, and they looked muscular and bored. Noticed three teenagers sitting on the south bank of the river, and the boy with them threw a stone at the ducks, then one of the girls also threw a stone. Felt some anger seeing that, and later consoled myself with the thought of throwing a stone at them and seeing how they liked it. Mostly the thought just the sense of injuring another out of boredom or to impress a friend. Saw a new bird today, a small grey and blue bird. :) And I see wild turkeys everywhere, maybe five or six today. Passed a woman who I think might be that long distance runner I saw in the Nimbus Fish Hatchery parking lot a month or two ago. I ran about a 3.5-5.5mph pace, depending on uphill/downhill/mood, mostly slow though, since I wanted to take it easy. It felt hot this afternoon, and with about one mile to go I started feeling faint, with some mild vision impairment in my left eye. I ran for about another half-mile before decidng to stop. And I am glad I did, since my feeling of dizziness rapidly diminished as I cooled down. The feeling of mild exhaustion remained. I attribute it to eating food about 30 minutes before running and not hydrating myself properly before the run, and possibly due to some mild illness. It's not the first time I have made this mistake, and I will keep doing this until I get into the habit of proper hydration and eating. As my running becomes more routine, it becomes less of a priority in my daily schedule, and so I give it less thought on a daily basis, which leads to trouble on the trail. :P Diet is not one of my strong points right now.
Time: 57 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 6.29 km (3.9 mi) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=131839
Total Distance For Year: 414.9 km (245.3 mi)
Weight (after run): 77.4 kg (170.7 lbs), 18% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: Felt faint with one mile to go. Stopped running with 0.5 mi to go.
Foods eaten today: raisin bran and soy milk, banana, banana, cinnamon-raisin bagel, glass of electrolyte and water

No comments:

Blog Archive