Saturday, April 01, 2006

Running journal, Saturday, 2006-04-01

Running journal, Saturday, 2006-04-01
Resting heart rate: 77 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Saturday
Date: 2006-04-01
Weather: mostly sunny
Temp: 17.78 C (64 F)
Time: ? - 17:20
Terrain: mostly flat
Comments: 18 miles today. Got to the eight-mile marker and decided to go for it I was feeling so good. I was even forgetting walk breaks and running too long. Well, that was that. At mile 12, I started feeling tired. I had to stop running by mile 16.5, I had hit the wall. I walked back the last 1.5 miles. I made it though -- 18 miles. I am back on track to get my marathon training done by June 17. Saw a strange bird around mile eight. It was big, but not a turkey. Did you know that the CA International Llama Association has adopted a portion of the trail? :) Did you know that the CA International Llama Association exists? I did not, until today. Almost ran into some wild turkeys near the 0.5 mile mark. They are everywhere recently. The river was high. Everything looked so sunny and beautiful on the way out today. The wind was blowing what looked like dandelion seeds through the air. I decided not to bring my sunglasses today, because I enjoy running without them, as I seem to get more contact with people running by when they can see my eyes. Passed a man and his wife on the way back and he asked how I was doing, then asked "how many miles?" When I told him he exclaimed "wow, good luck." :) I stopped for water breaks as often as I could -- miles one, two, four, six, and eight have water fountains. I began eating my Powerbars (I brought two) at mile nine, and ate both by mile 15. By the time I reached mile 17, I was not in the mood for water, I felt exhausted. Other than the exhaustion though, it was a perfect day for running. ;) And in the long term, I'm happy to have made it, since I am now back on track.
Time: ?
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 29.03 km (18.0 mi) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=98321
Total Distance For Year: 313.3 km (181.7 mi)
Weight (after run): 77.2 kg (170.2 lbs), 19% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: sore muscles
Foods eaten today:

No comments:

Blog Archive