Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Running journal, Tuesday, 2006-04-25

Running journal, Tuesday, 2006-04-25
Resting heart rate: 59 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Tuesday
Date: 2006-04-25
Weather: partly sunny, 10 km/h wind
Temp: 21.67 C (71 F)
Time: 13:30-14:45
Terrain: Flat
Comments: Walking day today. Visited the Charles C. Jensen Botanical Garden at 8520 Fair Oaks Blvd today. The park has a diversity of flowers, plants, and tall trees. It has trash strewn about. It was smaller than I expected, but it had a variety of terrain which I enjoyed. The parking lot for the botanical garden is adjacent to the park on the western side, a chain-link fence surrounding a patch of dirt. Traffic can be heard and seen from the park, so one never quite fully escapes into the peace and beauty of the lush vegetation. While I waited for my friend to arrive, I passed the time counting traffic. About 15-20 cars passed by me to the east every 60 seconds. Mentally I noticed I was about 75%, and I noticed I felt hungry and a bit thirsty by the end of the walk.
Time: 75 minutes (1:15)
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 1.1 km (.68 mi), http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=146192
Total Distance For Year: 431.7 km (255.4 mi)
Weight (after run):
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: None
Foods eaten today: oatmeal with soy milk, brown sugar, and raisins, mac & cheese, ramen noodles, mixed vegetables, vegetable juice, vegetarian chili, pretzels, chip and mint ice cream,

No comments:

Blog Archive