Sunday, April 02, 2006

Running journal, Sunday, 2006-04-02

Running journal, Sunday, 2006-04-02
Resting heart rate: 59 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Sunday
Date: 2006-04-02
Weather: overcast
Temp: 17.78 C (64 F)
Time: 13:20 - 14:10
Terrain: flat
Comments: Took Grrr out on a walk today. Instead of taking out everything from the hatchback area and letting him sit back there, I put down the passenger seat and put the blanket over it and the back seats. Rolled down the window enough so he could get some fresh air and he loved sticking his head out the window to watch as we drove to the pedestrian bridge. Went out for a walk and I immediately took him to the back field where I let him off his leash. And off he went. Picked up my first bit of dog waste today. :P Not pleasant. Had it in a plastic bag but am thinking a container would keep the smell down. Grrr loved the puddles from the recent rainfalls. He lies down in them. :) I tride to point out a wild turkey to him that was no more than 15 meters away, but he was not interested. My legs felt stiff today, so I was not in a mood for chasing him. On the return trip, we walked around a flooded area, and I picked up a discarded beer can. As I dumped out the water, Grrr looked at it and got excited. I realized he wanted to play fetch. :) So I found a stick and threw it into a huge puddle that was flooded from the river, maybe six meters across, 30-meters long, and one-half meter deep. After getting our fill of that, we walked back across the pedestrian bridge, where I again pointed out two black-tailed deer on the top of the bank looking at us. Grrr wasn't interested, rather he rolled over onto his back and waited for me to scratch his stomach. :)
Time: 50 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 3.77 km (2.34 mi) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=98325
Total Distance For Year: 317.1 km (184.0 mi)
Weight (after run): 78.2 kg (172.4 lbs), 19% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: very stiff legs
Foods eaten today: cinnamon frosted mini-wheats and soy milk, cheese, orange juice, seltzer water, crackers, rice-krispie bar, chips and salsa, cheese pizza w/black olives from Papa Johns

No comments:

Blog Archive