Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Running journal, Tuesday, 2006-04-18

Running journal, Tuesday, 2006-04-18
Resting heart rate: 54 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Tuesday
Date: 2006-04-18
Weather: mostly sunny
Temp: 17 C (62.6 F), 1 km/h wind
Time: 12:08 - 12:53
Terrain: Flat
Comments: Cooler day than yesterday for my walk. It appears that the county plans to erect a pavilion to thank a wealthy donor at the north end of the pedestrian bridge. The river is still as high as it has ever been. Wore my sandals today, which does not work so well off the bike trail, since pebbles get between the sole and the sandal. As I came to the Upper Sunrise Road, I came across a male and a female turkey. The male had his plumage in full array behind him, though he missed a few feathers on his right side. As he slowly moved, keeping an eye on me, he intentionally dragged his wing feathers along the ground to make a scratching noise. As I walked off the access road onto a trail to their left, another female turkey saw me and slowly plodded down the trail. :) Seeing her amble like a human would down the trail and around the corner out of sight, I felt amused. The grass is growing quite high, obscuring the rocks in the clearing. The bike trail remains flooded. As I recrossed the bridge, two dads and their daughters were going on the bike trail. The dads were explaining how they enjoy going on the dirt trails, and then exclaimed from behind me, "look how fast the water is rushing." It was fun, but they seemed a bit over-patriarchal. I felt hungry during my walk today, since I did not eat much before going out, so I did not observe as intently as I might otherwise.
Time: 45 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 3.01 km (1.87 mi) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=131839
Total Distance For Year: 408.6 km (241.4 mi)
Weight (after run): n/a (forgot)
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: None
Foods eaten today: mac & cheese, raisin bran and soy milk, muffins and butter, pasta with garlic sauce, fruit salad, cranberry sauce, 2% milk, chocolate cake, ramen soup with mixed vegetables

No comments:

Blog Archive