Thursday, March 08, 2007

Running Journal, Thursday, 2007-03-08

Running Journal, Thursday, 2007-03-08
Resting heart rate: n/a (forgot)
Body Mass Index (BMI): (kilograms/(meters^2)) n/a
Weather: n/a
Temp: n/a
Time: n/a
Terrain: n/a
Comments: Tonight I decided to give water running a try. This involves wrapping a foam flotation belt around the midsection and striding in the water with the same motion used on land. I tride this when I first began exercising at the California Family Fitness gym in Orangevale in December or January (sans flotation belt) and discovered how difficult it was to stay afloat and focus on the running motion at the same time. The running belt provided the extra lift necessary to allow me to focus on the motion as well as the buoyancy necessary to use energy efficiently. After 15 minutes of experimental flailing about, I settled into a rhythm of arm and leg motion. I found that in this particular pool staying near the middle and doing mini-laps worked best. Otherwise I scrape my feet on the bottom. Reading remains to be done on this subject to refresh my understanding of the basic concepts. I enjoyed it the first time. Boring but after 45 minutes, I felt well-exercised, and it's no-impact too.
Exercise Time: 45 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance (water running): n/a
Total Running Distance For Year: 299.02 km (195.61 mi)
Weight (after exercise): n/a (forgot)
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: left ankle area sore from water striding
Foods eaten today: n/a

No comments:

Blog Archive