Saturday, March 03, 2007

Running Journal, Saturday, 2007-03-03

Running Journal, Saturday, 2007-03-03
Resting heart rate: n/a (forgot)
Body Mass Index (BMI): (kilograms/(meters^2)) 23.083
Weather: n/a
Temp: n/a
Time: 19:50-20:35
Terrain: n/a
Comments: Cycled on the upright bike tonight instead of the recumbent since Dawn and I wanted to cycle together. I found it easier to pedal than the recumbent. I set the target heart rate for 140 beats-per-minute and kept it there for the majority of the 45 minutes. The revolutions-per-minute indicator got up to a sustained 125, a new high for me. Although something seems fishy because I keep getting 17.99 miles no matter how many revolutions-per-minute I pedal. I enjoyed the challenge this evening, feeling the sweat pour out of me as the heart rate got into the target heart-rate zone. On television I watched the end of a CSI show and then flipped the channel to Public Access which broadcast a real estate class from Sacramento City College. I learned about how lot placement can affect the price of otherwise similar homes, and how lot placement affects the amount of traffic passing by the home, child safety, noise, yard space, and the number of neighbors. The class seemed to be for aspiring appraisers? And the instructor looked like he wore a polo shirt with Tux the penguin on it. :) Cute. We didn't have time to get in the hot tub tonight since the gym closes early. I read a report recently that hot tubs cause infertility in men. o_O Oh dear. I'll probably continue to use it though since the study reports reversals for men who stop using hot tubs after three to six months. So, lessons learned, get the heart into the target heart range to exercise optimally. Hopefully this won't affect my long runs negatively.
Exercise Time: 45 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance (cycling): 28.95 km (17.99 mi)
Total Running Distance For Year: 278.74 km (183.01 mi)
Weight (after exercise): 79.0 kg (174.20 lbs), 17% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: None
Foods eaten today: strawberry special K cereal with soy milk, orange juice, yogurt, bagel with smart balance and cinnamon-sugar, green olives, bagel, gingerbread cookie, spinach nuggets, jasmine rice with lentil soup, chocolate

No comments:

Blog Archive