Thursday, February 08, 2007

Running Journal, Thursday, 2007-02-08

Running Journal, Thursday, 2007-02-08
Resting heart rate: 61 bpm (60-second test, mid-afternoon)
Body Mass Index (BMI): (kilograms/(meters^2)) 23.141
Weather: n/a
Temp: n/a
Time: 21:20-22:05
Terrain: n/a
Comments: Dawn and I exercised at California Family Fitness in Orangevale this evening. We both exercised on the bikes. I felt good so I chose cardio with a target heart rate of 153 this evening. Big mistake. I think the bike waits for about five minutes to pass before stressing the body, to allow for warm-up. I was cruising along at about 95 bpm when wham, the resistance began increasing steadily over the course of about two minutes to the point where I felt a real struggle. I eventually felt exhaustion creeping in and I slowed down, increasing the resistance. It became a struggle to even turn the bike wheel without the electronics going into pause mode. Pause mode gives me a one-second breather before the bike realizes I faked it and then the resistance piles back to where it was. We played this game for numerous cycles until I realized I couldn't go for another 30 minutes doing that (I just barely made the target heart rate). I switched to fat burn mode, with a heart rate of 124, and cruised it out for the rest of the workout. Whew, I thought. Watched some meaningless garbage on TV. It was very weird seeing Arnold, our governator, in some muscle-bound fantasy role. XD
Biking Time: 45 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance (biking): n/a (forgot)
Total Running Distance For Year: 175.34 km (108.78 mi)
Weight (after run): 79.2 kg (174.64 lbs), 17% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: None
Foods eaten today: eggplant and pepper panini, apple, CLIF bars, cottage cheese, green olives, pesto gnocchi with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese, wheat bread, vanilla-bean ice cream, spinach

No comments:

Blog Archive