Sunday, February 11, 2007

Running Journal, Sunday, 2007-02-11

Running Journal, Sunday, 2007-02-11
Resting heart rate: 56 bpm (60-second test, mid-morning)
Body Mass Index (BMI): (kilograms/(meters^2)) 23.083
Weather: n/a
Temp: n/a
Time: 18:55-20:55
Terrain: flat
Comments: Watched the end of Law and Order (season 14, episode 321, Everyone Loves Raimando's), then watched Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (season two, episode 25, Bloo Done It), then the second half of the movie Office Space. Today I ran 10 miles, and I discovered the treadmills only go up to 99 minutes. :P I guess this makes sense for 99.9% of people. I realized as I watched car commercials how silly it is to put up disclaimers reading This is a simulation. Cars cannot really drive on buildings. x_x Welcome to the machine. I'm pretty sure that's not what Pink Floyd meant when they wrote the song but I think it fits the American litigious sub-culture. This is the first time I've run more than 55 minutes on a treadmill. The slowing down and speeding up didn't pose as much of a challenge as I thought it might. I timed myself with my watch to take four-minute runs at five mph, then a one-minute walk break at three mph. Unfortunately, I forgot my water bottle. x_x After 90 minutes, I felt parched. I got off the treadmill twice to get water from Dawn, who brought in her coffee mug to fill with water. The first time I got off, I paused the treadmill, but accidentally hit the stop button on the arm. I think with the water running on a treadmill might be just bearable. ;)
Running Time: ~2:00
Goal Time: 2:00
Distance (running): 16.09 km (10.0 mi)
Total Running Distance For Year: 198.80 km (123.36 mi)
Weight (after run): 79.0 kg (174.20 lbs), 17% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: Sore back, right knee feels sore
Foods eaten today: buckwheat toaster waffles with maple syrup, banana, fat-free strawberry yogurt, orange juice, cake, cookies, crackers, nuts and chocolate, punch, cheese, broccoli rice au gratin, green beans, tortellini with marinara, soy milk, wheat bread

No comments:

Blog Archive