Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Running Journal, Tuesday, 2007-01-09

Running Journal, Tuesday, 2007-01-09
Resting heart rate: 61 bpm (60 second test, evening)
BMI: 23.433
Weather: n/a
Temp: n/a
Time: 20:45-22:25
Terrain: flat
Comments: Dawn and I did a cross-training day at the California Family Fitness in Orangevale this evening. We both cycled for 45 minutes. She watched Animal Planet's Purrfect Predators while I silently watched bits of boxing, the January 2 Galt City Council meeting, the movie The Mummy Returns, what seemed to be an early season-two Veronica Mars episode on the CW, and Squirrel Boy (season one, episode 2, The Big Haggle Hassle) on the Cartoon Network. How different than being outdoors. x_x Afterward, Dawn and I relaxed in the hot tub for 15 minutes. I felt really good after getting off the cycling machine. I set the target heart rate to 135 and after 45 minutes my upper legs felt great. I felt dizzy after cycling and after getting out of the hot tub though. Ugh. This happens every time I use the treadmill or the cycling machine. I think my visual and tactile systems get messed up for 45 minutes since one reports I'm moving and the other reports I'm standing still. I'm enjoying positive experiences at the gym though, after negative experiences with forced weight training and exercise in high school. I'm on a different schedule now with cross-training instead of walks, in preparation for a 4:40 marathon time in April for the Big Sur Marathon.
Time: 45 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance (cycling): 27.42 km (17 mi)
Total Running Distance For Year: 6.45 km (4 mi)
Weight (after run): 80.2 kg (176.8 lbs), 19% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: Kneecaps felt a bit loose when I began cycling but after a minute felt fine
Foods eaten today: crumpets with jam, orange juice, jasmine rice, lentil soup, A&W Root Beer

No comments:

Blog Archive