Thursday, January 25, 2007

Running Journal, Thursday, 2007-01-25

Running Journal, Thursday, 2007-01-25
Resting heart rate: 50 bpm (60-second test, early morning) Lowest ever :)
Body Mass Index (BMI): (kilograms/(meters^2)) 23.316
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR): 1898 calories
Weather: n/a
Temp: n/a
Time: 21:05-21:50
Terrain: flat
Comments: I used the elliptical machine for the second time this evening at California Family Fitness. I went slow at the start, building resistance up to 135 bpm heart-rate. I felt tired this evening and the first 15 minutes were rough. After that I figured out how to get into a rhythm on the machine and not exhaust myself too quickly. I averaged a heart-rate of about 150 for a number of minutes. I watched repeats of the Australian Open matches Serena Williams played in to make it to the finals (this Saturday). After I finished I felt muscles all over my body letting me know they had received a work-out. :) I enjoyed it. Dawn and I relaxed in the hot tub afterward. I'm slowly familiarizing myself with the weight training equipment in the lower gym. I sort of need a book to help me train though, which I haven't had the time or motivation to search out.
Eliptical Time: 45 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance (eliptical): ~8.87 km (5.5 mi)
Total Running Distance For Year: 98.06 km (60.8 mi)
Weight (after run): 79.8 kg (175.96 lbs), 16% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: None
Foods eaten today: homemade French toast with maple syrup, crumpets with raspberry jam, soy milk, bagel, Clif Bar, gnocci with marinara sauce, brownie, M&M's

No comments:

Blog Archive