Monday, January 15, 2007

Running Journal, Monday, 2007-01-15

Running Journal, Monday, 2007-01-15
Resting heart rate: 65 bpm (60 second test, afternoon)
Body Mass Index (BMI): (kilograms/(meters^2)) 23.26
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR): 1898 calories
Weather: Sunny, 2 m/s wind
Temp: 6 C (42.8 F)
Time: 14:16-16:09
Terrain: flat
Comments: This run represents my first long run since the CIM on December 3. I forgot to put on sunblock. x_x It's also my first time back to the American River Parkway in a week or two. The Common Mergansers and the seagulls are diving for what I think are the eggs and fish meat of the salmon which died after spawning. Some horse owners didn't clean-up after their horses on the pedestrian bridge (twice). :P Disgusting. I'm not sure I know how they might pick it all up, but seriously, hasn't anyone in the horse riding community addressed this problem? At mile 0.75 I saw three deer watching me from across the trail. When I said hello they turned and trotted off into the brush. At mile 1.0, I saw three black-tailed deer dart across the bike trail. A few meters later I saw them dart back across the trail in the opposite direction. :) Fun. There were tons of deer out today. I saw another two just on the other side of the fence near mile 3.5. They watched me warily but didn't move, and one even walked toward me a bit. Lots of families chose to celebrate Martin Luther King Day holiday at the Parkway. At mile 5.0, I saw a jackrabbit dart out in front of a roller-blader and scamper at enormous speed across the length of a field. They're amazingly fast for short bursts. :) I wore my cold-weather gear today and it felt good in the shade, less beneficial in the sun. At mile 9.0, I felt my the muscle on the top-right side of my leg feel sore, so I slowed my pace considerably. I stopped to get water before finishing, then attempted to run but decided to walk the last quarter-mile due to the pain. After getting home I drank some electrolytes and ate a banana. It feels almost normal after taking a shower, so I'm thinking it may have been a cramp from running too aggressively.
Time: 113 minutes (1:53, or 11:20 min/mi pace; 15:10 split time (54 min), or 10:48 min/mi pace for the first half; 59 min second half, or 11:48 min/mi pace)
Goal Time: 12:00 min/mi pace (2:00)
Distance (running): 16.13 km (10 mi)
Total Running Distance For Year: 35.48 km (22 mi)
Weight (after run): 79.6 kg (175.52 lbs), 17% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: Have what might be the start of a throat cold. x_x Right groin muscle-group felt painful enough for me to stop running last quarter-mile.
Foods eaten today: Chocolate Power Bar, raw pecans, jasmine rice and lentil soup, 16 ounces Gookinaid, banana

No comments:

Blog Archive