Friday, July 14, 2006

Running Journal, Friday, 2006-07-14

Running Journal, Friday, 2006-07-14
Resting heart rate: 70 bpm (60 second test, @ 12:00)
Weather: sunny, 2 m/s wind
Temp: 22 C (71.6 F)
Time: 07:30-08:14
Terrain: mostly flat, mild hills
Comments: Enjoying running in the early morning. Quiet, cool, plenty of pedestrians perambulating about the park. Picked sunny wildflowers for Dawn, and saw what looked like yellow cyclamens along the trail. I think most likely I have cyclamens on the brain after yesterday, it's too hot for them this time of year, unless this is some hardy variety. Ran all the way to the parking lot closest to the Nimbus Fish hatchery today. As I ran along, I passed a man dressed in all black who said to me, "Is it red day today? I thought it was black day?" I laughed and said, "It works for me." Fun. I re-discovered blackberry bushes near the southern end of the pedestrian bridge and gorged myself on them. Many are not ripe yet. I imagine pedestrians will strip the bushes bare before I get a chance to eat many more. Saw one fishing boat on the river this morning, and some ducks on the banks near the broken boat ramp. Yellow thistle is flowering everywhere. Thistle about one-half mile to the west of the pedestrian bridge is going-to-seed, the enormous thickets of tall stalks lifeless, the bulbs of seeds ready to become airborne. Eppie's Great Race is this Sunday...the day I do my long run. Only two weeks to go until the San Francisco Marathon. My longest run after Grandma's Marathon has been 16 miles, last Saturday. I'm not entirely sure how much is over-running. This weekend for sure is a 12-miler, but the weekend before the marathon should be something like that too. I think I'll do some speed-work for the first time this Sunday and do a 12-miler next Sunday. Fun. My next marathon after the SF Marathon is on October 14. Note to self, plan out training schedule for marathons.
Time: 44 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 6.12 km (3.8 mi), http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=287548
Total Distance For Year: 400 miles + (lost count)
Weight (after run): n/a, recharging scale batteries
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: left ankle feeling a bit sore
Foods eaten today: Safeway Honey and Nut cereal with soy milk.

1 comment:

iokevins said...

Thanks Amanda. Hope all is well with you and yours today.

Blog Archive