Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hamburger Day

Dawn pointed me to 123greetings.com, where they apparently have a calendar of non-mainstream celebrations. Here are the ones we plan to celebrate during her visit to California later this month:

July:

28: Hamburger Day, Cheese Lover's Day
29: Rain Day
30: Cheesecake Day (reward after running the SF marathon)
31: Jump for Jelly Beans Day, Cotton Candy Day, Raspberry Cake Day

August:

1: Girlfriend's Day
2: Ice Cream Sandwiches Day
3: Watermelon Day, Grab Some Nuts Day
4: Champagne Day

123Greetings says Hamburger Day is July 28, but other web sites indicate it's December 21. Who's the authority? Who started these days? I searched on Google and couldn't even come up with an answer for something mainstream-sounding like Girlfriends' Day.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I can't wait to celebrate all these days! It should be fun.

Hmmm.... thinking of cheesecake, is there a Cheesecake Factory in the SF area?

July 31st sounds like it should be one ginormous sugar rush!

I especially like the idea of "Girlfriend's Day" ;)

Kiwi the Geek said...

My personal favorite is National Smile Week, Aug 7-13. I like smiling. :o)

Dawn said...

One of my fave unofficial holidays is "Take your houseplant for a walk day" (July 27).

I can imagine people out in droves, wheeling their plants down the sidewalks on wheeled platforms with leashes around them. :D

Blog Archive