Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Phil Collins

Heard on the radio yesterday Phil Collins was deaf. The Wikipedia article clarifies it's his left ear that has the hearing problem.

Invisible Touch was the music video on MTV that hooked me on Genesis. For a number of years during the late 80's and early 90's, I was a Phil Collins junkie, listening to all of his solo work and collaborations with Genesis.

In the mid-90's the song "I Can't Dance" didn't resonate with me and I lost interest in his work. Today I hear his music and think of his dysfunctional relationships and the pain in his work and want to change the channel.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Yeah, I felt pretty much the same way with "I Can't Dance", although the earlier songs were good.

I have a bit of a weird association now when I hear his music... but I will tell you about that one outside of this blog.

Apparently Peter Gabriel was part of Genesis before Phil Collins joined the band.

I didn't have any clue that Phil Collins was going deaf before you mentioned it to me. It's still kinda' sad to think about.

iokevins said...

Yes I do. ^_^ Bring them to the next team emeritus lunch?

Blog Archive