Monday, July 10, 2006

KYDS Songs

Backlogged on blog posts. Enjoyed these songs over the last weeks:
Glasgow, Scotland-based Belle and Sebastian's "Is It Wicked Not To Care?" from their 1998 album The Boy With the Arab Strap on the Matador Records label. Video.

Huntington, West Virginia-based Neutral Agreement's "Let Me Clear My Throat" from their 2000 album "Motorbuggy" on the Indianola Records label.

Detroit-based The White Stripes' "Cold Cold Night" from their 2003 album Elephant on the V2 Records label. Video. I enjoyed the lyrics "And I know that you feel it too, When my skin turns into glue...."

Seattle-based The Presidents of the United States of America's "Back Porch" from their 1995 album The Presidents of the United States of America on the PopLlama Records label. Video (partial).
Dawn and I listened to lots of songs during my visit which I enjoyed but did not write down.

I've found that watching the video sometimes detracts from the song...it's a bit different experience to hear the song both aurally and visually, especially if one finds the video unappealing or distasteful.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hmmmm..... some of the songs we listened to:

"Steady as She Goes", by the Raconteurs. I still love their name, and what it means.

"Seven Nation Army" and "Blue Orchid" by the White Stripes.

"Charlie" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers (this played on the radio a couple of times as we drove around).

I know there were others, but I can't seem to remember them at this moment.

Blog Archive