Wednesday, July 19, 2006

KYDS Songs

Heard these songs on KYDS recently:
London-based Blur's "Song 2" from their 1997 album "Blur" on the Food/EMI label. Video.

Seattle-based The Presidents of the United States of America's "Boll Weevil" from their 1995 album The Presidents of the United States of America on the PopLlama Records label. Video. Weird.

Late Omaha, Nebraska-native Elliott Smith's "Memory Lane," from his 2004 album From a Basement on a Hill on the ANTI- label. Video. Loved the guitar work, reminded me of Paul Simon.

Reading, England-based Sneaker Pimps' "6 Underground," from their 1996 album Becoming X, on the Virgin Records label. Video.

Glasgow, Scotland-based Belle and Sebastian's "Dirty Dream Number Two" from their 1998 album The Boy With the Arab Strap on the Matador Records label. Video. I really liked this video, full of playful, silly fun.

Edinburgh, Scotland-based KT Tunstall's "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" from her 2004 album "Eye to the Telescope" on the Relentless/Virgin label. Video.

English-based Led Zeppelin's "When the Levee Breaks" from their 1971 album "Led Zeppelin IV" on the Atlantic label. Video. The original song was written in 1929 in reference to the Mississippi flood.


Also heard on other stations:
Philadelphia-native Billy Paul's "Me and Mrs. Jones," from his 1970 album "Ebony Woman" on Neptune Records. Video of The Dramatics covering the song.

North Carolina-native James Taylor's "Fire and Rain" from his 1970 album "Sweet Baby James" on the Warner Brothers label. Video.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

YAY!!!! I love "Song 2"! I didn't realize that was what it was called, although I knew that Blur sung it.

The frontman from Blur is also in Gorillaz..... I forget the name of his character. I'll have to look for some of their videos and share.

And I love 6 Underground. My favorite Sneaker Pimps video by far.

And I love you!

iokevins said...

The 6 undeground character in the video in the little cat suit was very cute, hee hee.

I love you. xoxoxox

Blog Archive