Monday, July 10, 2006

Doraemon


Yesterday I parked next to a Mazda 323 with a children's window shade with the name Doraemon on it. I spoke with Dawn last night and her initial reaction to the Wikipedia article on Doraemon was "scary." I was a bit confused about what she meant until I saw the image this morning, hee hee. It's cute in a "causing massive worldwide tsunamis by collapsing the North Pole" sort of way. Sadly, the creator died in 1996. Apparently, Doraemon loves dorayaki, so maybe the earth will be saved the next time a planet-sized ball of dorayaki wanders through the solar system. Or perhaps Godzilla will return to protect the children of Japan from Doraemon. I am enjoying this morning foray into Japanese culture.

UPDATE: Ah, I see, there's a Doraemon movie coming out in 2006 (or is it out already?). Cute.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I still want to read that Wiki article. We'll have to see the movie sometime!

He may be "scary", but I think he's growing on me.

Blog Archive