Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Running journal, Tuesday, 2006-02-28

Running journal, Tuesday, 2006-02-28
Resting heart rate: 57 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Tuesday
Date: 2006-02-28
Weather: Mostly cloudy, windy
Temp: 17.78 C (64 F)
Time: 13:10-13:50
Terrain: flat
Comments: First time today my heart-rate has decreased after a running day. I dreamed like mad last night, but I do not remember what they were about. While on the trail I playfully said, "Telephone" after a woman walking two dogs tried unsuccesfully to turn off her cell phone. She laughed, and said, "Isn't that annoying?" :) The cloud cover was magnificent today. Steel gray and dark rain-saturated clouds mixed with bright white against a saturated blue sky, with the sun providing illumination from above. They covered most of the sky, leaving bits of blue between them, creating the electrifying sense of confusion over whether a storm has just ended or merely regrouping. :) The thought occurred to me that I will not likely see rain clouds like this again after spring passes, so I had best appreciate the opportunity while it presents itself. :) I noticed the 30+mph winds from Monday evening uprooted a large tree on the bank of North Bridge Street. The waters were much higher today, covering much of the sandbar on the south-west side of the pedestrian bridge. The thought occurred to me that I would enjoy having binoculars and a camera on my walks. :) I will do that on Thursday. I also noticed irregularities in the river water today, where parts of the waves on the top look different than the rest of the river. The wind ruffled the water on some parts, but not certain channels of the water. I do not understand the phenomenon causing this yet. Stopped at the Mayflower food stand in Fair Oaks on the way home as a special treat. Yum.
Time: 40 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 3.52 km (2.18 mi) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=42771
Total Distance For Year: 163.6 km (101.4 mi)
Weight (after run): 79.4 kg (175.1 lbs), 20% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: None.
Foods eaten today: apple-cinnamon cereal, soy milk, Super Nut-Burger, chips, choose pizza, peanut-butter cookies, banana bread, lemonade

No comments:

Blog Archive