Monday, February 20, 2006

Running journal, Monday, 2006-02-20

Running journal, Monday, 2006-02-20
Resting heart rate: 65 bpm (60 second test)
Day: Monday
Date: 2006-02-20
Weather: Sunny
Temp: 17.78 C (64 F)
Time: 14:45-15:45
Terrain: mostly flat, a few mild hills
Comments: Easy day today. Wore sunglasses, but forgot my sunblock. Beautiful, warm afternoon. I felt tired today. I was struck again today by how some people do not seem to enjoy the exercise and community, and some people do. A girl on a bicycle that I found attractive smiled and said hi to me today, and I wished I had a bicycle. ;) A mother and her young son were biking, and the son kept finding side trails along the path to explore. I passed the mother and said, "He disappeared." :) She laughed and replied, "Yes, I don't know where he's going to come out." :) Many people seem to choose the American River Parkway for holiday recreation. I picked up a can of Coors beer on my return across the bridge, and laughed at how silly I must look, a jogger with a can of beer. :) Saw a guy with a beard like Jerry Garcia's in the parking lot, and thought to myself how neat it looked. I frequently see a man as I park with a purple covering over his large amount of hair. He sometimes is there with his female companion, and they have a yellow symbol on the back of their pick-up which I do not recognize. They seem very non-mainstream.
Run Time: 45 minutes (10.64 minutes/mile)
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 6.80 km (4.23 miles), http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=30621
Total Distance For Year: 133.6 km (82.8 mi)
Weight (after run): 78.4 kg (174.2 lbs), 20% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: Bit of soreness in the muscles behind my right knee, like I overstretched it.
Foods eaten today: raisin bran cereal, soy milk, half of Greek Wrap (290 cal), banana, green beans, Spanish rice

1 comment:

iokevins said...

Hi James, I have a mountain bike which needs some maintenance. Until the maintenance happens, no biking. :P

Blog Archive