Monday, February 06, 2006

Running journal, Monday, 2006-02-06

Resting heart rate: 64 bpm
Day: Monday
Date: 2006-02-06
Weather: sunny, few clouds
Temp: 20 C (68 F)
Time: 11:15-12:20
Terrain: flat, a few hills
Comments: Saw four horse-people of the apocalypse. ;) They parked their horse trailers near the Nimbus Fish Hatchery parking lot. They pooped on the trail and did not pick it up. How come they can do that but dog owners have to pick up their pet's dropping? A woman passed me on the way out and said "hi, good morning," and I felt happy that she said that because it met my need for community interaction, so I said hi to most people I met on the trail. I did not say hi to one person who I passed again on the return trip because he seemed to be self-absorbed when I said hi the first time. I ran slow and easy today because of the muscle behind my knee felt loose a bit. A biker passed me on the initial bit of the return trip and began whooping and shouting, I am not sure why. One other biker who subsequently passed him and me remarked to me that, "Maybe he got a fly in his mouth." XD Read the "You are here" sign more carefully, and discovered mile 14 is about four miles from Watt Avenue. Mile 14 seems to be near a river crossing point, so my next long run of 14 miles will allow me to cross the river and run on the north side. :) Something to look forward to. I think I will choose to wear sun block on future runs to protect from infrared.
Run Time: 1:05 (65 minutes)
Goal Time: n/a
Miles: 5.5 (http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=11103) Bridge St. Bridge -> Nimbus Fish Hatchery and return
Total Miles For Year: 28.0
Weight (after run): 82.6 kg (180 lbs), 19% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: My muscle behind my right knee felt not fully healed from Saturday. I clipped my left ankle three times this morning. Ouch! I came to the conclusion I tend to do this when I am turning, especially to the right, when my right foot pushes off to the left.

No comments:

Blog Archive