Saturday, February 04, 2006

Running journal, Saturday, 2006-02-04

Resting heart rate: 60 bpm
Day: Saturday
Date: 2006-02-04
Weather: sunny, few clouds
Temp: 18.8 C (66 F)
Time: 11:30-13:45
Terrain: flat
Comments: Only one or two tandem bikes today. Saw three deer munching grass on the return. I pass other runners but never see them again. Where do they go? The extra walk breaks, one minute for each four minutes run, helped a lot. My knees feel much less stress than they did last Sunday when I ran 10.5 miles, with one minute walk per mile (increased to two minutes on the return). Ran to the 14 mile marker and turned back. Not as many bikers as on Sunday. Felt chafing from my shorts/underwear combination.
Run Time: 2:45 (135 minutes)
Goal Time: n/a
Miles: 12.5 (http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=11709)
Total Miles For Year: 22.5
Weight (after run): 178.5, 22% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: My right calf was very tight today on the return. I think I strained it a bit too much by picking up the pace for the initial three miles of the return trip. :P Also, my right shoe clipped my left ankle a few times, causing some minor bleeding. :P It did not hurt while running though. Left pinkie-toe had skin layer removed.

No comments:

Blog Archive