Thursday, February 16, 2006

Running journal, Thursday, 2006-02-16

Running journal, Thursday, 2006-02-16
Resting heart rate: 68bpm (60 second test)
Day: Thursday
Date: 2006-02-16
Weather: Sunny, partly cloudy
Temp: 13.3 C (56 F)
Time: 16:30 - 17:30
Terrain: flat
Comments: Walking day today. :) I noticed my heart rate was 10% over Wednesday's, a sign Galloway says to take it easy. I dreamed I was getting out of my car and walking to the starting line of a marathon last night. :) Funny. Late afternoon walk today due to a lunch event from 11:30 - 14:30. I felt a bit chilly, brrr. Saw two dogs cross my path, a black cat watching me from the woods, and three deer today. The tree where I have watched the bees was silent. I felt a bit nervous walking through the empty, quiet woods as the shadows grew longer, hearing rustling noises from small unseen animals. :) On the return near the 21-mile marker river access parking lot, I found a group of ducks preening themselves in the shallow current near the beach -- two male mallards, one female mallard, and one female common merganser. I carefully walked to the waters edge to better view them. Noting my presence, the mallards began making nervous clucking noises, watching me carefully. The common merganser ignored me and continued to preen. :) As I watched the ducks, another trio of mallards passed me in flight. I noted a rapid, muted chirping sound, perhaps from their wings or breathing. The mallards eventually decided they had had enough, bursting into the air, wings flapping, hovering at first, then accelerating to their desired cruising speed. The remaining common merganser continued to preen, unaffected by the mallards' flight. When finished, she sat down in the water, calmly swam into the river, then also burst into flight upstream. I watched until her shape became indistinguishable from the riverbank. Continuing home in the chilly air, I counted four fly fishermen patiently casting as the sun set.
Run Time: (walk) 50 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 4.03 km (2.5 mi) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=25011
Total Distance For Year: 91.2 km (56.4 mi)
Weight (after run): 80.6 kg (177.7 lbs), 22% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: None
Foods eaten today: banana (90 cal), BJ's Garden Vegetable Potato (A giant potato filled with assorted garden fresh vegetables, topped with jack and cheddar cheeses and creamy Alfredo sauce) (? cal), pickle (0 cal), soy milk, toaster waffles and real maple syrup

No comments:

Blog Archive