Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Running Journal - 2024-02-14

The Greek Gods - Black Cherry Greek Yogurt (container art)
The Greek Gods - Black Cherry Greek Yogurt 😋
Resting heart rate: 56 bpm, about an hour after exercise
Weight (after run; clothed): 85.09 kg (187.6 lb)
Body Mass Index (BMI; note criticisms of BMI): 24.8 (Overweight = 25–29.9)
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR): 2,037 cal/day
Distance (running): 3.94 km (2.45 mi)
Cumulative distance (2024; ignores XT days): 112.80 km (70.09 mi)
Calories burned: 284 kcal
Average heart rate: 121 bpm     
Max heart rate: 157 bpm
Weather: cloudy ☁️ 14 °C (57.2 °F), Humidity 69% Wind: 17 km/h
Time:
10:20-10:50 p.m. (30 minutes)
Terrain:
Flat; +/- 100 ft elevation
Avg Pace:
12'21" /mile
Best pace:
12'21" /mile (#1)
Stinkiness air level (0=No smell; 10=☣️): 1/10, maybe a bit stinky
Comments: Felt pretty decent today. Shorter maintenance run. Dialed my pace back a bit when I felt myself getting a bit winded. Otherwise cloudy & a touch on the cool side per a moderate breeze, but otherwise pleasant. Wore long sleeve technical shirt, running technical pants, shorts, and sunblock. Researching watches, and marathon gear choices. Last time I ran in red. RaceReady had a cool singlet with buttons for the race bib, so no need for safety pins. Hopefully something like that exists from another vendor. Looking through watches, I am currently using a Xiaomi Mi Band 3. It collects (mediocre (?)) heart rate, distance, & steps, all via the Zepp Life mobile app I use on my mobile device. Trying to decide between a fitness tracker (e.g., Fitbit Inspire 3) or a smart watch (e.g., Coros Pace 3). The former seems to represent something smaller which might feel more comfortable wearing all the time. The latter seems more sophisticated for collecting accurate running data. I currently measure intervals manually by eyeballing the time elapsed in Zepp Life. This requires holding my mobile device in my hand as I run. However, I'd rather stash the phone and have haptic feedback or audible feedback let me know when to run or take walk breaks. "Pay once, pain once", "You get what you pay for", etc., vs. "Buy what you need". Last night I was ready to buy the Coros Pace 3, but hesitated as was not sure I wanted the Track Edition (red) or the white nylon band version. It's all sort of interrelated as I rebuild my running wardrobe. The red is fun for running. Still figuring it out if I want to wear a red watch around all day. 🤔 Maybe?
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: OK; slightly tired
Foods eaten today: Kashi GO cereal with nonfat milk, espresso (x1), banana, Tailwind Nutrition Recovery Drink Mix - Chocolate - 16 oz

No comments:

Blog Archive