Sunday, April 01, 2007

Running Journal, Sunday, 2007-04-01

Running Journal, Sunday, 2007-04-01
Resting heart rate: n/a (forgot)
Body Mass Index (BMI): (kilograms/(meters^2)) 22.264
Weather: n/a
Temp: n/a
Time: 19:10-19:50
Terrain: flat
Comments: Today's long run called for three to four one mile speed work segments at 10:15, but this seems so slow to me that I challenged myself to run a 6.0 four mile segment all at once. This went fine. I ran on a treadmill without a television and seemed to enjoy the workout more, thinking about things going on rather than escaping into a television-world filled with advertisements. It pales in comparison to the Parkway, in terms of communion with nature and the people. This weekend I run the 28-mile long-run. My last attempt in May of 2006 left me exhausted after 21 miles (in hot weather). So I'm looking to get through this upcoming run successfully to give me the extra confidence for the Big Sur run on April 29. My weight has shot up in the last day or two, which I feel relief about. I credit it to IHOP and Freschetta Pizza and ice cream. :) We stayed a bit later this evening so Dawn might enjoy the Cheetah programming on Animal Planet.
Exercise Time: 40 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance (running): 6.44 (4.0 mi)
Total Running Distance For Year: 439.76 km (284.29 mi)
Weight (after exercise): 77.8 kg (171.55 lbs), 15% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: Lower left back sore
Foods eaten today:

No comments:

Blog Archive