Thursday, April 05, 2007

Running Journal, Thursday, 2007-04-05

Running Journal, Thursday, 2007-04-05
Resting heart rate: 54 bpm (60-second test, noon)
Body Mass Index (BMI): (kilograms/(meters^2)) 22.790
Weather: n/a
Temp: n/a
Time: 20:05-20:50
Terrain: flat
Comments: Elliptical, elliptical. Watched television for a while, then turned it off and thought about my future career. I think turning the television off was the best thing I did! I love thinking about things while exercising...at least for the first 30 minutes. Sometimes toward the end my body begins feeling tired and thought becomes labored. Dawn and I have a system worked out where if we arrive and all the elliptical machines are in use, we split up, and when one opens up, one of us will move over. This time it was me, which makes more sense since Dawn uses headphones. One man came up next to me during my workout and threw his keys roughly into the water bottle holder. I felt a bit defensive at first, then I realized he might be nervous too about exercising next to someone else. After five minutes the tension I felt relaxed as I moved my focus from him back to myself. It's the personal bubble idea I think, everyone has their own preferences for how much space they need. Also, Dawn and I met the California Family Fitness greeter at the Sylvan Oaks Public Library in the afternoon! He said hello warmly and when I asked him about it when we arrived at the gym, he said he was reading A Tale of Two Cities!
Exercise Time: 45 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance (elliptical): n/a
Total Running Distance For Year: 455.05 km (293.79 mi)
Weight (after exercise): 78.0 kg (171.99 lbs), 16% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: Lower left back sore
Foods eaten today:

No comments:

Blog Archive