Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Test

Ever have that nightmare, the one where you walk into the test at school unprepared? Well, that happened to me this evening. I had in my head a test date of Thursday, so when I walked into class at 18:57 this evening and saw everyone quiet, heads down, looking at the same handout, my first thought was, oh, Dr. Tak's giving us another practice exam--because that's what it said on the top. I took a seat in the back row and as everyone remained quiet that bad feeling crept in. This wasn't practice, this was the real thing.

For some reason, though only 14 students have showed up to classes for the past few weeks, 17 students including myself showed up for the test. So Dr. Tak was short one test--mine. He hurriedly ran out to get another, promising me extra time. I used the time to gear up psychologically and physically for the test, organizing notes (open book test), jotting down common bits of code to get them onto paper for reference.

The test was characteristically challenging--since much of the test centered on the homework I finished two weeks ago, much of the material seemed fresh. With my class notes, I completed 5 of 6 questions, leaving the 6th one blank. Since Dr. Tak includes one extra credit question on the exam, this doesn't mean I can't get an A--but it does make it a lot harder.

No comments:

Blog Archive