Monday, January 17, 2011

Running Journal, Monday, 2011-01-17: Limited Visibility

Running Journal, Monday, 2011-01-17
Resting heart rate: 52 bpm (60 second test, upon waking)
Body Mass Index (BMI): 22.85 (kilograms/(meters^2))
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR): 1,846 calories
Weather: overcast and moonless, with patches of dense fog; 9 km/h (6 m/h) winds; 96% humidity; 102 KPA (30.17 inches pressure)
Temp: 9 C (49 F)
Time: 7:30-8:15 p.m.
Terrain: flat; +/- 11 m (36 ft)
Comments: Honoring Martin Luther King, Jr., today, on my run. Dense fog means cool spray while running. Felt great. Just a touch of a struggle on the run this evening; I could tell I had an active weekend and Monday--lots of cleaning, moving household items, cooking, and so forth. I feel a bit vulnerable running in the fog; harder to see what is coming. Relatively quiet tonight, very little traffic. Did pass about four or five people, however, out for walks. I gave everyone a wide berth, just to ensure I was not invading their bubble. All holiday decorations have been removed from houses. As I ran east, I gained just enough elevation for the fog to lift. The mid part of my run was mostly clear. At the end of the run, I noted (as I did last Monday) the run only took about 42 minutes. So I ran a bit more to extend it to 45. Feeling pretty good overall.
Goal Time: n/a
Distance (running): ~6.44 km (~4.0 miles); http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4205834 ~580 calories burned
Weight (after run): 78.2 kg (172.43 lbs), ?% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: None
Foods eaten today: oatmeal + bananas + raisins, corn bread, corn bread stuffing, instant mashed potatoes, tomato soup, milk, orange juice, grapefruit, protein powder + water

No comments:

Blog Archive