Monday, January 03, 2011

Running Journal, Monday, 2011-01-03: Orion In The Southeast

Running Journal, Monday, 2011-01-03
Resting heart rate: 57 bpm (60 second test, 40 minutes after exercise)
Body Mass Index (BMI): 22.85 (kilograms/(meters^2))
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR): 1,846 calories
Weather: mostly clear with light fog; 0 km/h (2 m/h) winds from the NE; 90% humidity; 102 KPA (30.17 inches pressure)
Temp: 4 C (39 F)
Time: ~8:05-9:05 p.m.
Terrain: flat; +/- 6 m (~20 ft)
Comments: Dropped Dawn off at the gym this evening and ran the local route I planned last Monday. The first mile went fine; the second mile, however, with the gradually turning, darkened Berkshire Way, completely disoriented me. I started straight south, and ended up turning and running east, with the street, until I crossed Morse Avenue. My memory of Morse Avenue from last Monday was only the portion south of Hurley Way; it took me a minute to remember Morse Avenue runs north-south and also extends north of Hurley Way. Once I grasped this, I continued east and found the next street on my list of directions. A momentary hiccup, but an unpleasant feeling, nonetheless. The feeling continued as I made my twisting way through Dom Way to Rushden Drive to Greenhills Road to Sebastian Way to Gladstone Drive and back to Greenhills Road. Doing it once, the next time will be a snap. Felt drained, this evening, most likely from Saturday's near-half marathon run. Ran slowly as a result. About halfway through the run, I realized sighting the constellation Orion in the south-east would greatly reduce the sensation of disorientation I felt as I twisted this way and that on my run. And it did. Noticed my pulse seems lower than usual, this evening, for having run for 45+ minutes; this may be from the slow pace I ran. Near the end of the run, near Jonas Larkspur Park, I saw a thick layer of ground fog. I decided to run through it, but after hitting a few steps of heavily wet grass, decided against it. Tonight's run represents a major improvement in safety over last Monday's run. Will probably keep running it in the future.
Goal Time: n/a
Distance (running): ~6.44 km (~4.0 miles); http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4205867 ; ~580 calories burned
Weight (after run): 78.2 kg (172.43 lbs), ?% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: feeling more tired than usual
Foods eaten today: buckwheat pancakes with berries and real maple syrup, blackberries, milk, egg-salad sandwich on country potato bread, hard-boiled egg, whole wheat pita with hummus, green tea with lemon juice

No comments:

Blog Archive