Saturday, October 28, 2006

Running Journal, Saturday, 2006-10-28

Running Journal, Saturday, 2006-10-28
Resting heart rate: 56 bpm (60 second test)
Weather: sunny, 1 m/s wind
Temp: 25 C (77 F)
Time: 14:24-16:47
Terrain: mild hills
Comments: Probably will not use the cheap sunglasses I purchased during the NYC marathon itself because they left marks. I want a pair of nice sunglasses designed for athletic use but the prices of the Oakleys and others put me off. x_x Weather was beautiful for running — calm, balmy, and bright. Passed about 100 fishers attempting to catch the king salmon as they swim upriver to spawn and mate. Lots of people out on the trail today walking dogs, biking with their children, or enjoying the fall foliage. Dawn ran with me for 22 minutes then turned back while I continued. This represents my last long run before next Sundays marathon. Can't wait.
Time: 143 (2:23)
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 16.13 km (10 mi) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=516280
Total Distance For Year: stopped counting after first marathon
Weight (after run): 80.8 kg, 26% body fat. Not understanding the increase in body fat. Hmm.
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: Left big toe black and blue but not hurting. Concerned how this might affect the marathon next Sunday. The muscles behind my right knee felt a bit sore on the return run. I think I might attribute this to running on the uneven, rocky surface in locations to the west of the Nimbus Dam and Lake Natoma (Pioneer Express Trail). The cheap sunglasses I purchased bobbed up and down on my nose occassionally, leaving marks.
Foods eaten today: Multi-berry yogurt, orange juice, whole-wheat bagels with Smart Balance and cinnamon-sugar, raisin-bran cereal

No comments:

Blog Archive