Monday, October 23, 2006

Nancy Pelosi on 60 minutes

Democratic Majority Leader Pelosi on 60 Minutes:
"Asked what she would say to Republicans, who have said that Pelosi and the Democrats do not understand the serious nature of the threat, the congresswoman says, "I, as a mother and a grandmother, 14 years on the intelligence committee. Don't tell me I have any underestimation of what the threat is to our country. So, if you want to justify your failed policy by saying we don't understand the threat, clearly you didn't understand the situation you got us into."
I'm not saying this as a "ha-ha" point to end discussion. The issues between Democratic Party members and Republican Party members are complicated. I sensed spunk in her statement and wanted to remember it for later.

Transcript. Video.

No comments:

Blog Archive