Sunday, August 20, 2006

M.C. Escher, Hip Hop, and Samurai Champloo


Visited the Crocker Art Museum this morning to see their "M.C. Escher: Rhythm of Illusion" exhibit. I enjoyed seeing the rough drafts of his works. In the museum store, I saw this image of a cat, entitled, "White Cat." His landlady gave it to him and it was his companion for some time. I also liked the fish he used in geometric patterns:



While leaving, I noticed the museum has a Hip-Hop 101 class, where experts will discuss and answer questions about the real roots of Hip-Hop and how many types of Hip-Hop really exist. I might attend.

Last night I watched four episodes of the hip-hop themed anime series Samurai Champloo. I'd like to watch the other DVDs now. It's not addicting but it's entertaining.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I was wondering how you would link those three disparate topics together. You surprise me sometimes! ^_^

I wish I could have gone to the exhibit. I love M.C. Escher! That cat drawing is so adorable! It would be nice to have on a t-shirt, or a poster.

The fish in that other picture look so funny! Cute.

I have not seen any Samurai Champloo yet. I wouldn't mind watching some sometime.

Love,

Dawny

iokevins said...

You're welcome *hugs* Sometimes I even manage to amaze myself.

I've requested all of the other six Samurai Champloo DVDs from the Sacramento Public Library.

I loved the fish. They look very focused on being geometric.

Blog Archive