Sunday, August 20, 2006

Ctrl + Shift

One strange issue I've faced while using the Dvorak keyboard is that if I install both the English (United States) and the United States-Dvorak keyboard mappings, Windows XP randomly seemed to switch between the two, driving me nuts. After much trial and error of this happening I finally figured out that this happens when I click Ctrl + Shift -- this switches between the keyboard mappings. x_x Thank you for making this so gosh darn difficult to track down...perhaps notify the user before switching keymaps with a pop-up balloon containing instructions on what just happened and how to switch back? Sort of like the StickyKeys pop-up (press Shift five times in succession).

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I wondered why that same thing happened to me! Now I know.....


....and knowing is half the battle. :P

Dawny

iokevins said...

Go Dawn ^_^

Blog Archive